The Office of RDAQA(HAL), DGAQA, Hyderabad was established in HAL HYDERABAD in August 1967 and is headed by Director level officer. ORDAQA (HAL) is responsible for providing Q.A coverage to HAL( Hyderabad) , SLRDC, BEL (Hyd) , ECIL and DRDO labs such as DLRL and RCI.
Role & Function
1. The Office of RDAQA, DGAQA, Hyderabad was established in HAL HYDERABAD in August 1967. This office has the responsibility of Quality Assurance of Aviation electronics, ground support equipment/test jigs and aircraft/ground batteries during Design/Development, Production, Repair and Overhaul for military aircraft (Indian Air Force, Army, Navy and Coast Guard) at PSUs like HAL, ECIL, BEL, BDL and trade firms. This office also actively interacts with DRDO labs like DLRL, DRDL, ADA, DARE, ADE, RCMA (HD),, CEMILAC etc on development projects. This office associates during the development stage itself of new projects to ensure quality aspects, manufacturability, safety and maintainability and also associates with RCMA (HD) during Qualification testing/Type approval of airborne stores. Qualification testing/Type approval of Ground Support items/tests jigs is carried out by this office.
A number of other functions associated with QA such as defect investigation, system modification (for product improvement), lifing activities, obsolescence management, reliability and maintainability studies, failure analysis etc are also performed as part of total QA coverage.
- This office provides quality assurance coverage for the avionics of MiG-21, HPT-32, KIRAN, Avro, AN-32, Cheetah, Chetak Helicopters, Jaguar, MIG-23, MIG-27, MiG-29, , Dornier, Su-30MKI, UAV (Searcher, Heron, Rustom-II), LCA, IJT, HAWK-AJT, ALH, LCH, HTT 40, KIRAN UAV and Boeing etc.
- The office of ORDAQA is co-located in the factory premises of HAL Hyderabad. It has additional role/responsibility of providing QA coverage to different PSUs in Hyderabad namely
- M/s BEL
- DRDO Labs DLRL, DRDL, ADA, DARE, ADE,
- Private companies and trade firms located at different places like HBL (Hyd), AMPL(Hyd), Data pattern (Chennai), ADTL (Hyd) etc. It also provides QA coverage to a newly formed HAL Division in Kerala state namely SEPF HAL Kasaragod.
- Scrutinize and recommend Approval of Firms & its QMS to HQ DGAQA and their renewal primarily for HAL, BEL etc. and approves the firm QC personnel according to categories in AFQMS 2018.
- Ground Radars, Su 30 Communication systems, Fly by wire systems, Navigation Aids, Batteries, Communication Systems for all platforms, Engine control systems, Antennae and various other Avionics LRUs manufactured and repaired at M/s HAL, Hyderabad.
- GBMES, LABCOW & Samudrika projects at M/s BEL Hyderabad.
- Various Ni-Cd and VRLA batteries
- DLRL projects such as Navchakshu, Sarakshi, Sarangi. etc
Projects: HAL, Hyderabad
||INCOM(9 Variants), COM1150, COM150, VUC201, ACS235 (AMBER, MK-2), HFSSB, ACR-500 & DRCIU
||VOR/ILS, TACAN, DME & AFCC
||RAM-1700,IFF-400,IFF-1410, ,IFF-MK12 &, ELTA
||BHEEM,SECU,DECU,TGT AMPLr, APCU, & TGECU. UAV :GDD, Servo Actuators, EPD & Directional Antennas
||RLSU Radar, KDLI, ART30PI, SDU-10MK, SAU,SPS, ARO, SO-EMS, IFF623-3DR, IFF-4202, BTsVM , SSWCS, SSDVRS & DVRS.
||PAR-1M, PAR- 2080C, and Test Jigs.
Name of FE s /Detachments ( Under / Reporting to this zone / FE)
||Air Borne Computer Projects: MC, DP, RC-1, RC2, JMC,CAC, BCAC & OAC.
||EW, SAMUDRIKA, GBMES and repair of old EW projects.
||RUSTOM-II Antennas & LCA Antennas, 0.45 M Ku band Airborne satellite Terminal for AEW&CS, SSCVR , Rate Gyros and actuators.
|HBL Batteries, Hyderabad
||Airborne & Ground (Silver-Zinc, Ni-Cd & VRLA) 24 V battery with capacity 15AH, 18AH, 23AH, 25AH, 27AH,28AH, 30AH, 40AH, 45AH,140AH & 180AH
Office of The Regional Director AQA